Eventbrite presented me with this wonderful idea, and it really got my imagination running wild! I got to explore:
- Who would be on my panel?
- What questions I would ask?
- Where would it take place?
This was a no-brainer for me. If I had the opportunity to host a panel like this then it would be at the one library that I fell in love with the first time I laid eyes on it when I was a child...The Beauty and the Beast Library! How awesome would it be to mingle with your favourite book people inside the walls of this place?!
Again, another no-brainer but the hard part was narrowing it down to a reasonable number!
1. We have Jennifer Donnelly. She penned my favourite novel, Revolution.
2. Gayle Forman. She is the author of the If I Stay and Just One Day books.
3. John Green, a man that needs to introduction! And I'm sure, he would be on the Author's Panel of many readers!
4. Laurie Halse Anderson. She is most famously known for her novel Speak but has penned many thought-provoking books.
5. Rainbow Rowell. A favourite among many, I'm sure! Her novel Eleanor and Park has stayed with me every since I read the first line.
6. Nicholas Sparks...If you're a regular at The Crazy Bookworm then this shouldn't surprise anyone! Most famously known for The Notebook, but all of his novels tug hard on those heart strings!
7. Jodi Picoult, another absolute favourite of mine. I will read ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that she writes! Her novel My Sister's Keeper really put her on people's radar after the release of the film.
Okay, now the serious stuff! The opportunity to ask your favourite author questions does not come up every day! It took me some time to try and think up the best questions for the authors. I wanted to ask questions that each one could answer. Here we go!
- As a reader of all of your books, every single one of you made me cry like a baby! Are you an emotional reader? Has there ever been a book that made you cry? If so, which book?
- You all write very thought-provoking novels. Each of you has made me explore deeper into my own personal values. Has there ever been a book that changed your view or opinion on something?
- When did you realize that you wanted to be a Writer?
- If not a writer, what would be your dream job?
- What is the best and the hardest part of being a published author or a writer in general?
- Fiction and Young Adult definitely tackle some pretty heavy issues that we are dealing with today: Bullying, drugs, rape, abuse, politics, etc. What are your thoughts on today's literature and the benefits it can have for today's readers?
- What is your process for penning your character's story?
- Simply, what is your favourite book?
- What is "A Day in your Life" like?
- If you wrote a book about your life, what would it's title be?
I would not be able to contain my excitement if something like this actually took place!
Thank you to Eventbrite for this awesome idea! I had such a blast letting my mind go wild with this one! If you'd like to find out and/or plan events in your area check them out!
Tell me, who would be on your author panel? Comment below!